HARNESS HORSE YOUTH FOUNDATION – Program Coordinator Position Available
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to assist with the planning and execution of HHYF summer programs and other HHYF events. You will help schedule and organize the activities as well as carry out important operational duties. To be an excellent program coordinator, you must:
- Understand the importance of and enjoy connecting kids with horses.
- Have solid skills in management of both youth and barn management (harness racing experience a plus but not required).
- At all times practice safe and responsible horsemanship.
- HHYF Program Coordinator will work closely with the executive director and trustees.
- Support planning and coordination of summer programs and related activities
- Ensure implementation of policies and practices
- Maintain budget and track expenditures/transactions
- Assist with communication through media relations, social media etc.
- Help build positive relations within the participants, volunteers, trustees, and staff
- Schedule and organize meetings/events and maintain educational goals.
- Manage registration process.
- Keep updated for horses’ and participants’ records and create reports.
- Support growth and program development.
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience with some type of equine youth activities.
- Knowledge of budgeting, computer technology, social media platforms.
- Ability to work with and relate to youth between the ages of 12 and 18 while maintaining structured environments in the barn, on the racetrack, and during non horse-related activities.
- Excellent time-management and organizational skills.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail-oriented and efficient.
- Willingness to travel.
Salary & Benefits
$35-40,000 depending on experience. Job demands lots of time during the summer months and spring/fall but slows during the winter when light office work is involved. Potential benefits option may be available.
To apply please send a cover letter with details about your youth and horse experience and qualifications and resume including two references to HHYF via email ([email protected]) or snail mail (2711 Friar Tuck Road, Anderson, IN 46013) by February 28. Additional questions may be answered by calling 317.908.0029.