For Immediate Release
May 12, 2021
The Harness Horse Youth Foundation is pleased to announce the 2021 summer/fall schedule. It includes one-day camps as well as meet-and-greet events.
“We are elated to be able to restart our hands-on programs which are such an important part of HHYF’s mission. The HHYF horses will be back in shape after their extended vacation and we’ll be sharing harness racing excitement with young people of all ages at many locations very soon” HHYF President Adam Bowden said.
Camp dates are:
- July 20 – The Red Mile, Lexington KY
- August 5 – Jay County Fairgrounds, Portland IN
- August 9 – Gaitway Farm, Manalapan Twp NJ
- August 16 – Bloomsburg Fairgrounds, Bloomsburg PA
- August 17 – Gratz Fairgrounds, Gratz PA
- August 19 – Butler Fairgrounds, Prospect PA
All camps will be one full day of hands-on activities about harnessing, hitching, and care of race horses and are open to ages 11 and up. Lunch will be provided. Pre registration is required and space is limited. Here is the link to register tps://hhyf.org/schedule-applications/
Meet-and-greet events offer opportunities to learn more about HHYF, test one’s harness racing acumen with interactive games, and visit with an HHYF stable member in most locations. Those dates include:
- August 7 – The Hambletonian/The Meadowlands, East Rutherford NJ
- September 10-12 – Dan Patch Community Festival, Oxford IN
- September 19 – Fayette Fest/The Red Mile, Lexington KY
- September 24 – Community Night/Harrah’s Hoosier Park, Anderson IN
- October 29, 30 – Breeders Crown/The Meadowlands, East Rutherford NJ
For more information, please contact the HHYF office 317.908.0029 or [email protected].
The Harness Horse Youth Foundation is a charitable 501(c)3 organization dedicated to providing young people and their families educational opportunities with harness horses in order to foster the next generation of participants and fans. The Foundation has been making a difference in young people’s lives since 1976; its programs include interactive learning experiences with racehorses as well as offering scholarships and creating and distributing educational materials relating to harness racing.